Photo: Heather Dopson
Calling all volunteers!
This summer, on Saturday, August 27th & Sunday, August 28th, Whoop & Hollar Folk is looking for additional volunteers with experience and/or training in the following areas (a minimum commitment of two 2-hour shifts on Saturday or one 2-hour shift on Sunday):
1) Directing traffic and parking vehicles
2) Gate security (monitoring gate access and regularly communicating with the site coordinators using walkie-talkies)
3) Box office / gate ticket sales (previous experience with responsible cash handling, card transactions using a point of sale terminal, and selling/scanning e-tickets using a tablet and mobile app is strongly encouraged)
4) Set-up and tear-down (helping to haul equipment and supplies; setting up and tearing down tents, equipment, lighting, fencing, etc.) happens the week before and after the festival
In exchange for providing your time and talent as part of our valued volunteer team, you will get to enjoy:
- Free meals (one per day)
- Free access to an entire weekend of live music, fun activities, and tent camping
- an opportunity to express your creativity and skills, contribute to a meaningful cause, be a part of a team, and make a difference in your community
- a fun, rewarding, and memorable festival/volunteer experience and an opportunity to connect with other passionate volunteers who love music, art, nature, and community
If you're interested in joining our 2022 team, please phone (204) 428-6800, text (204) 870-2547, or email email@example.com to get in touch. We'd love to hear from you!