"Whoop at the Hoop!"
Mission Statement and Values
As an organization, we value the building of bridges between cultural islands. We believe that engaging festival goers with live musical performance provides a pathway for understanding and acceptance. Our core mission is to showcase music rooted in our regional diversity, and performed live in a pleasant, family-oriented setting. Our overarching goal is to spin new threads every year, in stringing together the cultural mosaic that is our Canadian identity.
Our Goals and Objectives
- In the era of reconciliation, to provide a platform to showcase Indigenous musical culture and talent.
- To highlight the unifying force of music for all ages and regions.
- To educate and exemplify ways of sustainability and respect for the environment.
- To present a variety of musical genres reflecting the cultural cross-currents of Canada
- To support up and coming musician talent with stage experience and exposure with seasoned and professional fellowship
- To bring people together and engage the local community with exciting, year-round programming
Why "FOLK?" We put an emphasis on the word "folk" because it speaks volumes about acceptance and diversity - it's a broad term used to describe our core values: music, art, nature, people, and community. The music and other artistic media showcased at the festival is not limited to one or two genres - you'll find a little bit of everything.
Meet Our Team
President / Co-Founder
VP / Co-Founder
Artistic Director / Outreach Coordinator