"Whoop at the Hoop!"
Mission Statement and Values
Our Goals and Objectives
- In the era of reconciliation, to provide a platform to showcase Indigenous musical culture and talent.
- To highlight the unifying force of music for all ages and regions.
- To educate and exemplify ways of sustainability and respect for the environment.
- To present a variety of musical genres reflecting the cultural cross currents of Canada
- To support up and coming musician talent with stage experience and exposure with seasoned and professional fellowship
- To bring people together and engage the local community with exciting, year-round programming
Why "FOLK?" We put an emphasis on the word "folk" because it speaks volumes about acceptance and diversity - it's a broad term used to describe our core values: music, art, nature, people, and community. The music and other artistic media showcased at the festival is not limited to one or two genres - you'll find a little bit of everything.
Meet Our Team
President / Co-Founder
VP / Co-Founder
Artistic Director / Outreach Coordinator